Periodontal Disease has often been labeled the "silent disease" due to the fact that most people are unaware they have it. Many patients only become aware of their symptoms when the disease reaches advanced stages. By recognizing the early signs of gum disease, you can avoid further deterioration of the gums and bone and prevent tooth loss.
Answer the questions below to get a better understanding of your gum health:
- Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss your teeth?
- Are your gums red, swollen or tender?
- Do you have sores in your mouth?
- Are your gums receding? Have they pulled away from your teeth?
- Do your teeth appear longer than they have in the past?
- Are there spaces developing between your teeth?
- Do you suffer from bad breath?
- Do you have a constant bad taste in your mouth?
- Are your teeth more sensitive than usual?
- Are any of your teeth loose?
- Is there any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we recommend that you visit us as soon as possible for a thorough Periodontal examination.
To find out more information on Periodontal Disease, please click on the links below;