Do you grind your teeth, experience frequent headaches, neck problems, sensitive and sore teeth, facial pain or any other related discomfort?
Do your jaw joints click, pop, catch and cause you pain?
You may be one of the many undiagnosed temporomandibular dysfunction (TMD) sufferers. TMD treatment seeks to alleviate these painful symptoms and return the natural harmonious functioning of the mouth and jaw joints.
TMD can affect the one or both jaw joints and associated tendons, ligaments and muscles. Important in many ways, these structures are necessary for opening and closing the mouth, chewing, swallowing, breathing, talking, yawning and kissing. Without treatment this condition will worsen and become chronic, leading to the deterioration of the tempromandibular joint complex and significant pain.
Some of the symptoms of TMD include:
- Teeth grinding / clenching.
- Limited mouth opening.
- Frequent headaches or migraines.
- Facial Pain.
- Sensitive and painful or cracked teeth.
- Neck, shoulder aching and discomfort.
- Jaw pain and/or locking of the jaw.
- Ear congestion or ringing.
- Clicking or popping in the ear or joint (sandpaper sounds in the joint).
- Worn teeth (particularly at the front of the mouth).
TMD can be diagnosed through a specialized examination and diagnostic visit with us. To find out more, please contact Progressive Periodontics at (517) 372-7347.